Saturday, May 1, 2010

I used to...

I feel like I need to get into a sport or back into boxing or a martial art. Today I was talking to some people and I stated that I used to do Tae Kwon Do and then later it came up that I used to box. Now, mind you I had to basically quit training. I was faced with an ultimatum... either work and go to college or work and box. It was seriously a super tough decision and I decided to chose college. It still makes me sad because I wonder what if...
I love the sport so much and enjoyed being a part of it.
The Mosley vs. Mayweather fight was on tonight and it was a good one... I just wish it would have been a closer fight. Mosley used to be my favorite boxer. Last weekend I watched the heavyweight fight and Cris lost again... I just think he needs to work harder on his training, he has such enormous potential and I don't think he sees it. See Cris and I used to fight out of the same boxing club and I know he can be the best, he just needs to put forth more effort.
So, I need to find something to get into... jui jitsu is becoming very popular but just isn't my cup of tea. I was thinking maybe karate, karate is similar to Tae Kwon Do but is a bit different.
OK, my rant is over.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aww I hope you figure out what you want to get into! Diego has been taking Tae Kwan Do... he really likes it.